Sunday, November 4, 2012

Three depressing conversations I've had recently:

Three depressing conversations I've had recently:

1) With a entrepreneurial neighbour who's about to open a franchise restaurant. Unions are intolerable, crushing people's individualism and stifling business development, and the world's biggest problems is governance. How do "we" govern? He's got an MBA from a prestigious American university.

2) The real estate agent who sold me my house many years ago who's now making over $500,000 a year. She thinks that we should scrap the minimum wage and that people should not receive benefits from any level of government  After all she's never had any.

3) My local pharmacist who thinks we should scrap all welfare programs including unemployment insurance  to give people an incentive to work. Like the other two, she thinks people who "refuse" to work for slave wages are welfare bums. She's a well-educated hardworking landed immigrant.

Sorry, I didn't have the courage to ask any of them for whom they voted in the last federal or provincial election. But then perhaps I didn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment